Tuesday, November 9, 2010

They are here. . .

YES!!! You probably will think this is a silly blog, but I do not care. THEY ARE HERE!!! Not babies, not puppies, not family, but our new Maytag Bravos washer and dryer. I could not be more excited.

The previous ones have left our home. They had a 10 year run, but we had fixed the washer about 4 times, the front was held on by zip ties and I had to use the spin cycle twice to actually drain water from the tub. The dryer was doing better, but still needed to be turned on via a wrench. Needless to say we finally decided to put them out to pasture.


So, we have these amazing friends that moved to MI and I am not saying amazing just because they hooked us up, but because they are an amazing family. Well, we were blessed with a favorable price due to his generous work discount. (As I type this I hope I am not getting him in trouble.) But it was AWESOME!!

So here they are. . .our new babies. Well, my new babies.

Jeff said to me after they arrived. "So, are you going to always be doing laundry?" (That was his secret hope.) And I replied with the honest truth that I might do well for the first week, maybe even two, but who are we kidding, laundry is not my strong point, along with many other domestic chores. And let's face it, until the machines actually fold and put the laundry away themselves, it will probably be the same old, same old around here very soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OOh nice! I'm jealous!