Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I am funny!!!

We have been watching a show called Modern Family.  It is very funny.  I laugh aloud almost all the way through it.  The last show really struck a chord with me.  If you watch it, you will know.  If not, here is the brief story.
The husband and wife have different opinions on which of their routes are faster to a restaurant.  They agreed they would split up and take two cars to see who might win.  (Jeff and I wold totally do this!)  So she tells their youngest son, Luke to come with her, but he wanted to go with the dad.  The girls went with dad.  On the way, Luke asks why they are divorcing as he misunderstood "splitting up" that was discussed regarding the drive.  His mom assures him that everything is fine, it was just the game they were playing.  However, then she stops and rethinks how her son really wanted to go with his dad.  She comes to her own conclusion that her son would have chosen his father because he is more fun.  She then goes on a rant with my favorite line "I USED TO BE FUN YOU KNOW!" And explains to her son why there just can't be two fun parents in a family.  Only the kid that comes to school in pjs and pays for lunch with hundred dollar bills has two fun parents.   Someone must not be fun any longer.   I laughed so hard at this that I almost cried.  And then I realized I was laughing because I have often felt the same thing. 
There are sometimes when all the kids and Jeff are messing around and they want me to join in, or times when they give me a hard time about not being fun.  I never thought that would be me.  So the past couple days I have vowed to be more fun like I was before I had kids!  Let's face it, we all need to lighten up a bit and laugh a little more!  Oh and you should definitely catch that episode.  It also made me want to be part of a flash mob! HA!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I needed to read this - so true. Why it is so hard to just relax and have fun sometimes? I became a mom and stopped being fun?!? Yikes!