Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Election Day

Happy Election Day!

I am sure you are as happy as I am to soon be done with phone calls, mailings, etc.
During elections I always think of 2 teachers I had in HS. One thought all Americans should practice their right to vote no matter what, the other thought that you should only vote if you had educated yourself on the candidates and issues on the ballot. I have to say I tend to agree with the latter. If we are not educated about what is on the ballot in my opinion we should not vote.

I tend to get anxious about elections. All the news media and people seem to proclaim the end of the world if so and so is not elected or if one house or the other holds the power, and on and on. There is so much fear in elections I have decided this year not to be anxious. I could. I could be scared about a large tax increase, I could be scared about my health care, I could be scared that someone will tell me what to believe. Yet, these things do not change one fact I am certain of, and that is God is still on his throne. He has never, not for minute left it, and nor does He intend to. No matter what happens in an elections this I know to be true, and that gives me peace.

Funny thing in explaining the voting process to Lauren and that it was a secret ballot she said, "Well, Mommy, I bet they vote for you." She is too sweet to me.

No comments: