Thursday, February 2, 2012

My sweet 'S'- yes again :)

I am beginning to think this blog could just be about the funny interactions with my sweet, eldest son.

If you have taken Love and Logic parenting courses, you know the words "I love you too much to argue." 
Well that has been my mantra this afternoon.  And I am a bit tired.

Then I see/hear this.
My sweet boy taking a large wooden pole (the kind used to hold up trees) and using it as a ramming rod against our glass french door.  Of course I immediately scream his name and he stops and I send him straight to his room.  He begins to argue and I repeat as calm as possible, "Go to your room,  I love you too much to argue."  And also explain that I am WAAAAY to angry to talk so I will need a few minutes to calm down.

After I take my few minutes we have a conversation about love, actions, why I don't want him to do things that can hurt him, etc. I wanted to share part of it.

Me:  Who loves you even more than mommy and daddy? 
S:  Hmmmmm.  (long pause)  I am trying to decide between God and Jesus!  ummmm, ummmm, GOD!!!
Me:  That is right, God loves you even more than. . . .
S interrupts:  Yeah I knew it was God because Jesus is just a baby and is tiny.  :) 

This made me laugh aloud and yes, I know we have a bit more training to do about Jesus getting past the infant stage, but in my defense it was just Christmas.  Just add it to my list of things I need to teach my kids.

Have a great rest of your week!

1 comment:

Charlotte Hoffner said...

I love Sean more and more with every post!! I am so glad you are writing these down! That kid is hilarious!