Monday, February 13, 2012

Lock Up Your Daughters!

Forget locking up Lauren until she is 30, I have recently decided we should lock up our sweet boy S. 

This boy's love language oozes from his body: physical touch.   I do know I will have to warn his future wife of this as he communicates everything that way.  

In preschool he has a journal.  Each day when they first arrive they wash their hands and do some journal work.  It is different each day.  This particular day the prompt was to "Draw something beautiful."  As his sweet teacher was going around looking at journals I am sure she saw a plethora of rainbows and flowers and mountains.  Then she got to my sweet boy's picture and had to ask the very nice teacher question, "Tell me about your picture?"  Which is code for what the heck is that?!?!

Here is his reply:
It is my mom's nightgown.

Yes. . . he . . did.  He did just tell his teacher that something beautiful was his mother's nightgown.  Oye!  Really?  First, for the record I rarely wear a nightgown to bed.  I am more a pajama pants kind of girl.  But really, at 5 years old his idea of something beautiful is his mother's night gown.  He either has a really big Oedipus complex or will just make an amazing husband one day, I prefer the latter. 
Oh dear, when Dr. Leman says that the middle child beats to a different drum he wasn't kidding! :)
He contintues to make me laugh and I do believe he will make a very attentive husband one day. . when we let him out. HAHA!

No comments: