Friday, May 16, 2008

Endings

So today is our last day of Lauren's first year in preschool. This is her "last day" picture.

I always thought it was a tad bit silly when parents became sentimental about these things. I mean, come on, it is just preschool and she is only 3! But I think that was BEFORE I had kids. Now as I tie ribbons on the cookie plates for her teachers (all her idea I must say), and write in fun cards, I have this strange feeling that I can't really explain. Maybe it is fear and trepidation about keeping my 3 year busy for the whole summer at temperatures that will be over 100 degrees. Or, maybe it is just a reality that all parents face that their kids do get older. They change, grow, and develop.

I can't help but feeling teary and joyful at the same time. It is wonderful to see her grow and change and develop her sense of self and her sense of humor. But she is not tiny any more. She runs, jumps and gets in her own car seat. It does go by in a flash, after all I can't believe that she is 3 years old! I find myself wanting to go in her room at night and hold her and kiss her forehead like I did when she was little. Pretty much like the I'll Love You Forever book. I am guessing that these feelings I have don't ever go away and I will probably still want to hold her at night and kiss her forehead when she is 23. Oh, by the way the second picture is her first day of preschool this year. :)






1 comment:

Katy said...

She looks so big!!