Wednesday, May 21, 2008

One Blustery Morning

Well, the winds have been CRAZY today, gusting to almost 34 miles an hour combined with a warm 94 degrees. My goodness we are in for a LONG summer. Anyway I thought I'd share what the kids and I did this morning all before noon. Needless to say I am going to have to find some more activities to keep my cherubs busy this summer. I documented some of the activities with photos that I will also share. :)
So, as I was up with Sean last night, Jeff was kind enough to get up with Lauren at 6 am this morning. He made Lauren breakfast and I got up around 7 and made Sean's breakfast and something else for Lauren as she was still hungry, made coffee, fed the dogs, etc.
After Jeff left I started some laundry (for those of you with kids you know that you feel you are ALWAYS doing laundry) and let the kids watch Super Why and Dragon Tales on PBS. Yes, I know. I let my kids watch TV. Believe me I was much better about this when I only had one child. I had strict rules about TV watching (it rarely happened). That soon flew out the window with 2 kids at home, but at least it is PBS. So the kids were watching TV, I was folding laundry that I didn't get out of the dryer last night and cleaning up breakfast dishes.
Then after the shows we did finger painting. Lauren loves to finger paint, this was Sean's first time. I don't know if his high chair is like the bell for Pavlov's dog, but he ate the finger paint. . here are some pictures of that adventure.

After the finger painting in pjs, we went outside to play in the wind and the blow up pool that I only wanted to fill up a bit as not to waste water, and because ultimately I am lazy mommy who doesn't want to tell my son one hundred and two times to put the hose back in the pool. Here is that adventure. .

We soon after entered back into the house all wet and got dressed to attend a local library toddler story time. If you have never attended one of these. Think of a chicken coop with chickens running all over, throw some food (mini bean bags & music toys) at them, then try to catch them, tell them to sit and lay an egg (listen to a story or two). Pretty crazy. . . here are two of my chickens outside the library playing on the statues (once again in the wind). :)


After getting 2 kids books, a book for me and a Veggie Tales Bible Heroes DVD we were on our way home for lunch. But, being the fun (and remember lazy) mommy I am, we stopped at McDonald's and had chicken nuggets for lunch.
All this before noon! Whew. . .

No comments: