Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Guilt

Okay this title was inspired by this blog and actually many other things. I have not written in forever, granted Jeff was gone, my wonderful mother in law became hospitalized and had to have 2 different surgeries, and the daily aspects of living all have happened.

I have discovered that there are so many things I can feel guilty about in a day. That I have not sent family pics of my kids, that I have not called to check up on my mother in law, that my laundry is not done, that I need to send notes to some friends, the bathrooms need a good scrubbing, that I don't play with my kids enough, that I lost patience with my children this morning. All of it. . ridden with that word GUILT!!! I also feel guilty for writing this blog when there is laundry to do and dishes to clean, but then feel guilty that I have not written in my blog! Oh my goodness, I am so silly (as my daughter would say)! She is right. She is only 3 and she is right! I am silly.

So today I am going to write this blog, and not feel guilty. I might even sit down and have a cup of coffee and read while my little angels are asleep. Then I will try to discuss with another mom friend how they lost their patience with their children to help me absolve my own "mother guilt". And maybe I will ignore the laundry until the kids go to bed and play blocks and color and run in the backyard all afternoon. After all that sounds like much more fun. . .yes I will do that and maybe in my next blog, I will let you know how it went. :)

PS. . Jeff is safely back from Tel Aviv, he worked hard, but did get to tour some. He will go back again before the summer is over. He said it was wonderful and not at all what the media portrays it to be.

No comments: