Sunday, July 10, 2011

All a little bit Casey Anthony. . .

So, there is a ton of opinion on Casey Anthony.  To be honest I have tried to stay away from most of it.  Having been a social worker with CPS cases and having worked in the hospital, you really see enough and I have no desire to watch a trial to hear about a sweet baby losing her life. 

After the verdict came in there was several (understatement) opinions being expressed.  From media, celebrities, and a ton on FB.  I saw this post on a friends FB page of a tweet made by the lead singer of Tenth Avenue North.

            "One day, God will pour out justice on Casey Anthony. Or Christ will bear it for her. And so it is with all of us. Something in us longs for justice. Something in us begs for grace. Only at the cross are both preserved & perfectly displayed."

This is summed up exactly what I thought. 
Here is what I have learned over my journey the past few years about humans and grace.

Like it or not. ..

                     We are ALL capable of ANYTHING given the right circumstances.

Yes, I said it and believe it.  We are all capable of addiction, no matter how strong willed or in control we think we are.  We are all capable of severe anger, no matter how passive or flexible we think we are.  All marriages are capable of divorce no matter what fairy tale marriage we might have at this moment. And yes we are ALL capable of doing the unthinkable give the right circumstances. 

I am so tired of judgement.  I am totally guilty of it, but I don't want to be that person because I know in my heart of hearts that NOTHING makes me any better than any other person walking the face of this earth.  

I guess I do long for justice. 

           But I much more relate to begging for grace. Thank God for it.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Love it. Agree!!! (and I love your new blog layout/look)

Amy said...

Very well said. I love everything about this post. You are right on.