Saturday, October 10, 2009

Soaking it all in

I don't listen to country music much, but I love the song by Trace Adkins call "You're Gonna Miss This". For those of you who don't know the song here is a link. You can listen and see the words.

I like this song because it is true. I am trying each day to appreciate where I am at in that moment as time goes by so fast. Today Jeff was golfing all morning and I was at home-still in my pjs and crazy hair at 10 am listening to two preschoolers fight with each other while trying to calm my super fussy 3 month old and I remembered this song. One day I will miss that my kids are home, even on days when it is 10 am and I have not been able to brush my teeth. I will probably even miss those teachable moments when playing referee and I know I will miss those times when my baby just wants to be held.

I hope you like the song. My mom reminds me often, especially on the hard days "Krista, you're going to miss this". And as always. . . she is right. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE LOVE that song! You made me shed my first tears of the day, but all worth it. :-)
Yes, you are right. One day, we'll be old and gray and miss having a really good reason for being exhausted and the days of stinking because our feet just can't find the shower (well, at least not until we step on a few Legos along the way . . .)!

Unknown said...

I really love that song, too! Thanks Krista! There are some days that I just can't wait for the day to end! Thanks for the reminder...I'm just going to hang out with my sick girls today and do nothing but BE with them.