Saturday, February 28, 2009

Wondering no longer

The other day I was thinking about times before I had children. The questions I wondered about families and mothers. All the way from teenage years to adulthood before kids. Needless to say I will post the questions, but after becoming a mother of 2, I no longer wonder the answers! :)

-Why do moms always say they are tired? Why do they want to nap on a Sunday afternoon?
-Why is it that moms say they don't get to shower everyday? Shouldn't we all shower everyday?
-Why is it that some kids can spend all day playing in their pjs, shouldn't they get dressed?
-Why is it that some kids out and about have dirt/food on their shirt?
-Why is it that kids (girls in particular) don't always have their hair nicely combed and put up in some cute pony, pig tails or braid?
_Why is it that parents yell at their kids in public? Don't they have control?
-Why is that kid running up and down the aisles at the store?
-Why do parents allow their kids to eat stuff that is not healthy?
-That kid has a runny nose, gross!!
-Why is that child throwing a tantrum in the middle of everyone?
-Why is it that the child is trying to get out of the cart/car seat/stroller why doesn't it just stay put? After all I'd like to be pushed around like that! :)
-What is up with all the whining that kids do?
-I can't believe that child just yelled "NO!!" to that parent.
-Why do some moms seem always frazzled?
-Why are some houses never picked up?
-Laundry can't be THAT bad!

Needless to say these are embarrassing because obviously they are WAAAAAYYY judgemental. However, I NO longer question any of these things. . . I have now lived them all!!! If you have any fun ones, I'd love to hear them. . . or maybe I was the only one who ever thought things like this. . . .
HA! :)

1 comment:

Karen said...

So true. I can relate to every single one of those! (before children and now after). :)