Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A Girl and Her Daddy

So I have a very sweet and sometimes feisty 6 year old daughter.  I have often wondered where women learn the skills of getting what they want from men.  What starts this behavior and how do they work on it?  Well. . .I have found my answer.  With their daddies of course.  I know, I know Freud would love this, here is our story nonetheless.

L:  Mommy I want a tv in my room.
Me:  You are never getting a tv in your room.
L:  That is fine, when daddy gets home I will just say to him "Daddy, I want a tv in my room. "  He will get back in his car and go to the store and buy me a tv. 
Me: HE WILL NOT!! 
L:  He won't because you will talk to him first and tell him to say no.  So instead I will just go to drivers school, learn how to drive and then go to the store myself and get my tv and bring it home.
Me:  You have to be sixteen to drive.
L:  Oh.. . .

REALLY?!?!?  Did I really have that conversation with my 6 year old?  Yes I did. . .what do you think it will look like at 16?  Yikes.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"tell him to say no'...hahahaha! They know us so well...we are the bad guys:)