Monday, June 22, 2009

Good Friends, Good Times

You know there are several times I envy some of you out there. You are a grown adult woman and have this one good friend with kids the exact same age as yours that you do everything with. You keep the same schedules so getting together is easy and the kids get along, you live in the same area, and you could spend almost everyday together and are just THAT close. Similar to a HS best friend.
Recently I have been having my own pity party that I don't have ONE friend like that in Tucson. I have been upset with the Lord that he has not "blessed" me like that.
But boy oh boy did Heshow me what I do have this past weekend. :) Let me share. I have a friend who organized a "pre-baby pedicure party" for me at a local nail place on Saturday. There were 4 loving, giving, amazing, friends that were able to make it and the Lord showed me how truly blessed I am in the the friend area. All of these friends have given gifts for this new baby and all came to hang out and celebrate friendship and impending birth of our son.
They didn't have to come, they could have chose to not spend the money, stay with their families, get their own things done, but they chose to come and I felt very blessed.
We all got a fabulous pedi and then headed to Starbucks for some good girl talk. :) In which I am always in desperate need. :)
When I left Starbucks, not only did I feel refreshed as a mom and wife, but as a friend. And I was so excited that instead of giving me one person that is exactly like me that I can do everything with at every moment, the Lord has blessed me with many friends coming from all different areas in life. Some are moms of older kids, younger, one child to 3 children, pregnant to not wanting to ever be pregnant again, working to stay at home, to working part time. And all different ages and stages in their lives and marriages. The Lord really showed me how important it is for me to learn from these women he has placed in my life and to feel blessed by this.
So now instead of feeling envy as a HS girl, I feel blessed that the Lord has provided me a multitude of blessings and friends. I just pray I can give them as much as they have given me.

No comments: