Sunday, April 26, 2009

Health

Recently every time I have been sick I have appreciated the times I am healthy more and more. When I was a kid, it was neat to be able to stay home sick. I remember even trying to fake a fever because it was like a day off. But as I now have 2 kids at home and my body is older, I really do appreciate wellness much more than I ever have.

I find myself praying for those that are chronically ill and are not often well. I pray for a friend who is enduring chemo and spends every day now sick. I can't imagine everyday of my life being sick and having to take care of my house and family. Exhausting. I am also thankful that I have Jeff. I find myself praying for single moms and dads who get sick because it is just them. No one to come home and at least let you lay in bed for the rest of the night.

I am so thankful that I have wellness 99% of the time and will try not to take this gift for granted. The Lord has truly blessed our family.

No comments: