Saturday, December 27, 2008

Little Things

God has reassured me that He cares about the little things.

I recently was reading a blog which I have added to my "must read" list. :) The woman was mentioning breastfeeding and challenges and feeling guilty, but just doing the best she could. Now. I am friends with her husband from college, but I didn't know his wife. However, I so wanted to encourage her that she needs to just do what is right for their family, pray, and that the Lord will take care of the rest (HA, obviously from my previous post I need to take my own advice! :) ). Anyway, I didn't write because we had never met, I felt awkward about it, worried if she would think me crazy, etc. So I went to bed that night and just mentioned it to the Lord as I prayed for them, that I wanted to encourage her, but wasn't quite sure what to do.

Then what do you know, but the next morning when I checked my FB account there was a note from the husband stating that they had been reading my blog and felt encourage. Well that right there was the Lord, because I had not a clue that they were reading and more importantly I rarely would describe my blog as encouraging. I owe all that to the Lord.

So. . . the Lord whispered to me and reminded me that morning that He cares about the small stuff. I must say that is probably why He says cast all your cares upon Him. He doesn't say "stuff you think is big" or "I will only listen to things having to do with A, B, or C", He says all of it.
To part on an encouraging note: He cares about the small stuff, we just have to give it to Him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the blogs - they are so encouraging. I look forward to keeping up with your blog. Also, I appreciated your Christmas Eve post - a reminder to me to not judge others because I know it does hurt and I am guilty of it. Boys will be boys and I look forward to my crazy days with Hugh.

Karen said...

thank you for sharing your "divine interventions". It's so refreshing to hear someone talk about God's hand in their experiences. As I read your blog, I realize how amazing you are and am glad to call you a friend.