Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Where is the Pause Button?

Today I am needing a pause. You may know what I am talking about. My house is a mess, I have laundry, dishes, sick kids, crying kids, meals to do, sleep needed, and a to do list a mile long. And yet I need a pause button on everything. I want to be able to have a longer time to just be, breathe and relax.
I am reminded of my labor with Colin during this time. I had the opportunity to have a natural childbirth with Colin. And I don' really remember the pain as much I remember the hour before he was born. The very hardest part of the labor was just wanting a longer pause between the pain. I recall thinking that I would never make it out of the pain. I wanted to be able to breath for longer in between the contractions. Between contractions I yearned to sleep for hours, to rest. I didn't' even want to shift positions at all only because it took too much energy away and I needed it for the next contraction. I felt like that time lasted much longer than it did. But what happened after all that was over was a miracle. A blessing. A new baby. And some time to breath, to pause and reflect.
I am reminded that right now I might feel like I need a pause. But it is only a short time. I am still breathing, I just feel like it's not enough air. But it is, God has given me the air I need. I am making progress even though I might not see or feel it. Things are happening and soon I will have my time to breathe, reflect and I am sure blessings abundant.

No comments: