Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Maybe I am doing something right?!?


I am sure as a mom I will think and/or get asked several times what the best moments with my kids are or were. Well, excluding the day they were born, I believe I have had one of those moments.

The kids new favorite to listen to in the car is Veggies Tales singing contemporary Christian hits. It is okay, but as with every CD we have two songs that are played over and over again at the pleading of Lauren and the clapping of Sean. The first, Newsboys, "Shine". The second, Steven Curtis Chapman, "Dive". In listening to "Shine" the other day, Lauren began to sing all the words. And then out of the blue says to me "Mommy, I love Jesus". I then replied that I loved Jesus to and for that moment dare I say, all was right with the world.

As much as my kids can challenge me, make me want to cry, scream, laugh, and at times pull my hair out, I am trying my best to teach them. And for that moment in time, I felt like I had done something right. And that, thus far is my proudest moment in parenting my little girl.

No comments: